<$BlogRSDURL$>

You'd be surprised.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

FOXNews.com - Foxlife - Parents, Retailers Clash Over Game Ban

"Offensive content has prompted a new law in Illinois, the first state to pass a ban on the rental and sale of violent and sexually explicit video games to minors."

This is a great example of a law protecting parents from parenting their children.

Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich said. “But I don't believe that my 8-year-old daughter has a constitutional right to cut someone's head off in a game that she plays."

Don't let her play the game. That's just one idea I had.

"..says many parents are ignorant about these games.

"Parents oftentimes don't realize the games have ratings. And they don't know what the ratings mean," she said."

Parents need to be aware of everything their children are doing. I could be wrong but I believe that is part of being a parent.

The scary thing is that these are "educated" people trying to pass this law. I bet these same people are/were too busy to parent their children.






- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -