<$BlogRSDURL$>

You'd be surprised.

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

13 days.

So I have been preparing for basic training physically and to some extent mentally. I have always been into fitness so it's not a huge change for me. I am currently running up to 10 miles a week and doing some 500 pushups a week. I know the training regimen in Basic will be different, but there is only so much you can do when you still have a full time job and have to go to the gym at night. I just hope that it gives me an edge in Basic and allows me to focus on the more important things.

Preparing mentally is a different story. There is no way to know exactly how I will react to Sargeants screaming in my face. I am my own person. I live on my own, I make my own decisions, I am responsible for every action in my life. In a couple weeks I will be reduced to a steaming pile of maggot sh|t and the DI's will be smokin' my ass for not tying my boots properly. I have always had a problem with authority, so I think my biggest challenge is going to be to keep a straight face and take nothing personal.

We all need a good ass kickin' sometime.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -