<$BlogRSDURL$>

You'd be surprised.

Thursday, January 22, 2004

Alright I hate traffic lights!

This morning I planned on being very productive. I got up early. I spent some quality time with my 1 yr old cat. I went to Trader Joe's, Ralph's, and the Library and even the gas station.

Sounds great doesn't it? It wasn't. I think that my city is the only city in the whole of the United States that doesn't start it's day before 9am. That's right! Post Offices, Banks and even grocery stores do not open before 9am! At first I thought maybe it was just a few stores... but today I found out that it's in-fact EVERYONE. So even though I was out of the house at 8:30, I had to wait around for the City to wake up!

What is the deal with stoplights? Out of 13 or 14 stoplights I think every single one of them turned red when I reached them. Because this happens to me all the time, I have determined that I spend approximately 20-30 minutes at stoplights every day. My commute is only 12 miles. I guess I'm lucky I don't spend 4 hours on the fwy trying to go 4 miles, huh?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -